$120,000 - $185,000
- The Environmental Director will provide overall leadership for Environmental Compliance Program covering both US, Canada, as well as international regulations.
- Develop clear vision and strategy for Environment Management and Remediation excellence, drive toward vision with unwavering passion, implement strategic activities in conjunction with operations.
- Develop and guide an effective Environmental Audit program worldwide to ensure compliance at client facilities.
- Provide hands-on technical expertise on emerging environmental issues and new laws and on regulatory compliance issues including those involving contacts with outside entities such as regulatory agencies and environmental consultants.
- Develop and directs annual organizational goals, objectives, policies and operational procedures; monitors and evaluates effectiveness, and effects changes required for continual improvement.
- Review, manage, and justify capital projects to plan, lead review of projects with rigor to make sure spend delivers at, or better than plan.
- Relocation provided. $160K-$185K.
- The Environmental Director will have a BS Engineering degree with 15+ years professional experience.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant environmental leadership experience within the chemical, refining, pulp & paper, mining, or related industries.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, ordinances, and regulations, including Clean Air Act (CAA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), and Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA). Similar Canadian knowledge required.
- Strong experience working with both Legal Counsel and International regulators as well as US Federal, State, County and City regulators International and domestic travel may be required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.