$85,000 - $95,000
- The Process Engineer is the primary contact for manufacturing, regarding equipment and process issues, including equipment downtime, safety and production of nonconforming product.
- Will be the Continuous Improvement driver. Improve profitability and efficiencies of value stream, through implementation of process improvements, affecting scrap, labor and downtime. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through application of Lean and Six Sigma (LSS) Manufacturing techniques such as 5S, Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) and Error-proofing.
- Participate in product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing.
- Develop Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA’s) to identify and minimize any potential issues.
- Relocation provided. $85K-$95K.
- The Process Engineer will an AS or BS degree with an engineering major strongly preferred. 3+ years of experience in a Tier 1 automotive manufacturing plant.
- Must be knowledgeable in the effective use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements, both within, and externally at our customers/suppliers. Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement. Working knowledge of Fanuc robot programming and maintenance of robotic work cells. Experience with High Tonnage presses (Gib and Hydraulic actuated).
- Working knowledge of the Automotive Production Quality Planning (APQP) process and requirements for automotive Part Production Approval Process (PPAP.)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.