$130,000 - $140,000
- The R&D Manager supports product concepts and initiatives identified by Business Development with heavy focus on rosin and rosin based derivatives, hydrogenated rosins and esters of rosin.
- Design, plan, conduct, and lead laboratory activities (including hands-on lab work - syntheses, formulating, sample preparations and analyses) to support new product development based on identified customer/market needs, manufacturing support initiatives and technical service to customers.
- Analyze, interpret, document, and effectively communicate results of lab work for timely decision making on projects and technical support initiatives.
- Provide technical support to sales team through experiments and analyses where necessary in end-use applications in targeted industries/ markets. Implement all aspects of lab work in a safe work environment; provide regular input on improving or upgrading capabilities within the laboratory to enhance efficiency/productivity.
- Relocation provided. $120K - $140K.
- The R&D Manager will have a BS or advanced degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related scientific field.
- 10 years of experience in the chemical industry, preferably with product and/or applications development in the specialty chemicals area of thermoplastic resins.
- Experience in syntheses and analyses/evaluation of specialty organic chemicals (e.g. polymers, resins) is preferred.
- Experience in formulating and evaluating corresponding end products (e.g. adhesives, inks, coatings, personal care products, etc.) is desirable.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.