- The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for interpreting customer, regulatory and internal process requirement and developing mechanical and electro-mechanical design for cargo handling equipment.
- Responsible for the design validation and verification, which includes analyses and tests as required. Loads analysis. Stress analysis using hand calculations or finite element analysis
- Part and assembly tolerance analysis per ANSI Y14.5.
- Use the CAD tools to create 3D models of parts and assemblies Generate the 2D manufacturing drawings per ANSI Y14.100, including advancing the use of Model Based Definition.
- Relocation provided. $80K-$90K.
- The Mechanical Design Engineer will have a BS or MS degree with a mechanical or aerospace engineering major.
- 3+ years of experience in the design of dynamic mechanical and electro-mechanical components and mechanisms.
- Proficiency in any 3D CAD package.
- Experience in the creation, publication and revision of engineering drawings in accordance with ANSY Y14.100 standards.
- Experience in the certification of mechanical and electro-mechanical components for civil or military aerospace applications.
- Experience in creating tolerance analysis for large assemblies and ensure compliance with aircraft interface requirements.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and have a stable work history.