- The Research Scientist will design, plan, conduct, and lead laboratory activities (including hands-on lab work - syntheses, formulating, sample preparations and analyses) to support new product development based on identified customer/market needs, manufacturing support initiatives and technical service to customers.
- Analyze, interpret, document, and effectively communicate results of lab work for timely decision making on projects and technical support initiatives. Operate analytical instrumentation required for routine analyses/tests; interpret corresponding data.
- Proactive liaison between marketing, sales and manufacturing supporting new products and product improvements.
- Develop skills on any identified specialized instrumentation to support product development initiatives and provide corresponding guidance to R&D team toward product optimization.
- $100K-$125K. Relocation provided.
- The Research Scientist will have a BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related scientific field. Advanced
- 10 years of experience in the chemical industry, preferably with product and/or applications development in the area of thermoplastic resins. Experience in syntheses and analyses / evaluation of specialty organic chemicals (e.g. polymers, resins) is preferred.
- Experience in formulating and evaluating corresponding end products (e.g. adhesives, inks, coatings, personal care products, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience scaling up products on pilot scale/production scale is desirable.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available.