- The PSM Engineer will develop process safety management by leading the site’s Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) study programs in order to identify, evaluate and control potential hazards within processes including hazard identification, risk assessments, mitigation planning and project implementation, development of procedures, compliance auditing and compliance reporting.
- Provide expertise on process safety risk identification, assessment and management processes. Devises and implements PSM standards and incorporates best practices from industry.
- Leads, manages and facilitates the completion of process hazard identification and risk assessments to develop risk management strategies for the facility by identifying potential or actual adverse process safety hazards.
- Plans mitigation of process safety risks and manages projects to implement mitigation plans. Reviews MOCs for PSM related items. Ensure PSSR (Pre-Startup Safety Review) are completed for all Management of Change (MOCs).
- Ensures that process safety related documentation for all identified hazards are developed and maintained. This includes reviewing and organizing P&IDs and PFDs as necessary.
- Relocation provided, regional candidates preferred. $110K-$140K.
- The PSM Engineer will have a BS degree in Engineering or a Health & Safety related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in a high hazard process plant environment. Experience designing relief systems preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of process safety management. Experience in devising and implementing process safety related policies.
- Strong knowledge of process safety methodologies and tools such as hazard study, LOPA etc. and extensive experience in leading these studies.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.