- The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible and accountable for static & rotating equipment in capital investment or maintenance projects throughout all project engineering and implementation phases from concept definition to execution.
- Evaluation and granting competencies and security of intellectual property.
- Generate specifications and design for technical equipment such as pressure vessels, columns, pumps, compressors, package units und special equipment including their design calculation.
- Elaborate and refine unique standards for technical equipment and tools for the discipline meeting legal and local requirements.
- Develop, determine and supervise scope, budget and timeline according to the project requirements and manage all changes focusing on the project goals.
- Travel approximately 50% stateside. Can work remotely if living near a major airport.
- Relocation provided. $120K-$165K.
- The Mechanical Design Engineer will have a BS or MS in mechanical engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in equipment design for chemical plants or similar process industry including knowledge of American design standards concerning technical equipment.
- Deep knowledge in breadth and depth with regard to legal and local rules and regulation with the capability to transform and implement them into the company requirements.
- Knowledge of methodologies related to capital investment project management (PMI or equivalent).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available.