- The Controls Engineer will work directly with engineering and plant management to scope process improvements, expansions, and or replacements of legacy instrument, controls, and electrical systems.
- Ensure proper operation of all control system components to include: electronic components, valves, switches, DCS and related I/O modules Inspect, test, and calibrate meters, indicators, gauges (such as flowmeters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers) to detect abnormal fluctuations.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation transmitter problems from the transmitter, the control loop and the PLC hardware where the devices output is read by the PLC.
- Relocation provided. $80K-$90K.
- The Controls Engineer will have an AS or BS degree with an electrical engineering major.
- 5+ years experience with instrument & controls and electrical distribution (troubleshooting, programming and maintaining) in chemical, pulp & paper, or related PSM plants.
- Solid knowledge of control systems, valves, motors, and instrumentation/ concepts of flow, level, pressure, and temperature.
- Experience with DCS/ PLC platforms, computer operating systems, networks/ configure and electronic information handling (Allen Bradley/ Rockwell Automation/ Ladder Logic).
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.