- The plant Mechanical Project Engineer prepares detailed engineering plans, designs, drawings, cost estimates, financial justification and schedules required for engineering and maintenance projects.
- Maintains engineering drawings and documentation of all equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Determines detailed equipment and services required for engineering projects, prepares requests for bids, evaluates suppliers, prepares purchase requisitions, and supervises installation of new or modifications to facilities.
- Conducts research of new equipment and manufacturing processes to maintain and improve the company's competitive position. Optimization of equipment to provide desired balance of cost, throughput and variability.
- Provides overall project management of engineering projects, ensuring on-time completion within budget. Assists in managing maintenance activities associated with projects.
- $90K-$115K. Relocation provided.
- The Mechanical Project Engineer should have a BS Mechanical Engineering degree.
- 8+ years of experience as a mechanical engineer in a manufacturing plant.
- A metals and/or heavy industrial manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
- AutoCAD or other CAD software; metallurgical experience.
- Basic knowledge of: furnaces (melting / heat treat), dust collectors, compressors, fans, blowers, PLCs (a plus), chemical industry experience is helpful.
- Experience with approving project purchases, contracts and forecasting project costs.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.