- The Environmental Specialist will anticipate, recognize, evaluate, monitor, prevent and /or mitigate health and environmental effects from work place hazards to employees and the environment.
- Interfaces with the environmental compliance group, SHES and operations.
- Assist with interpreting and maintaining compliance with the company's solid waste and waste water permits.
- Assist with keeping abreast of all changes that are approved by the EPA and TCEQ regulations and any other changes that are published in the Federal and Texas registers.
- Interface with federal, state, county, and city representatives during routine/non routine solid waste and waste water inspections.
- Local candidates only. $100K-$125K.
- The Environmental Specialist will have a BS degree in a related field and 5+ years of related experience in water, solid waste or waste water in a chemical plant, refinery, terminal operation or similar PSM facility.
- Obtain and maintain a Class C potable and waste water license.
- Basic knowledge of waste water treatment processes.
- Handling and disposal of solid waste (non-hazardous and hazardous).
- Basic utility knowledge measuring and conservation. Ability to maintain a potable water system.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.