- The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for designing packaging for electrical and electro-mechanical equipment with respect to thermal, vibration, manufacturability, servicing, reliability, modularity and interconnection.
- Work closely with electrical design engineers, manufacturing and purchasing to develop the design, select the parts and ensure a reliable, affordable, producible packaged product.
- Electronics include analog and digital circuits including power supplies, high speed digital, FPGA, CPU and I/O.
- Concept development, design, analysis, documentation, testing and system verification to ensure predictable and safe operation.
- $90K-$110K. Relocation provided.
- The Packaging Engineer will have a BSME and 7+ years of experience in electronic design for harsh environments (including vibration).
- May require occasional domestic and international travel.
- Thermal management, airflow using fans, heat sinks, HVAC, etc. 3D Computer Aided Design of complex mechanical systems, SolidWorks preferred.
- Generate detailed drawings per ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Must have the ability to obtain or have a U.S. Government security clearance.